Friday, September 30, 2016

Welcome to the Burton Blog Bash 2016

Welcome to my wee corner of the Burton Blog Bash, which I am co-hosting with my lovely bloggy friend, Holly, of Holly's Horrorland.

Anyone who knows me at all, knows that I'm mad about Tim Burton! When Holly suggested we throw a celebratory blog bash to coincide with the release of the great man's new movie, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children... well, I was on it like a seagull on a hot chip, people! Tim Burton is responsible for some of my all-time favourite movies: Beetlejuice, Batman Returns, Dark Shadows, Sleepy Hollow... and the list goes on!

So, to pay tribute to Mr. Burton, I have needle-felted a Jack Skellington ornie for a giveaway. As I'm sure you all know, Jack is a leading citizen of Halloween Town in Tim Burton's stop-motion animated film, The Nightmare Before Christmas. So if you'd like a chance to win him, just put the words "Pumpkin King" in the comments below.

As always, I will assign a number to each comment in the order that they are left and the winner will be chosen via the RANDOM.ORG Random Number Generator. (Please make sure you leave me some way to contact you if you win.) I will announce the winner in about a week's time.

Holly will be posting a list of all the other participants in the Burton Blog Bash, so please do visit her blog for a bit of a mingle with the other guests.

Thank you for stopping by!


* This giveaway has now ended. The winner will be announced soon. *

23 comments:

  1. 'Pumpkin King' of course :) What a treat to be a part of this event, Truly amazing how many memories, visual awe, and fun (over decades yikes) Tim Burton hs blessed film lovers with :) Ooh Emma, I didn't know you could felt, dam girl that is an awesome Jack, last year at SupaNova I saw a guy dressed as Jack Skellington (actually come to think of it there were quite a few Burton tributes) thanks so much to you & Holly for the blog bash, party on xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma is the Pumpkin King! :D Thanks for co-hosting this. Glad to be taking part. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to reading all the fun posts for this party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that Jack is so creepy cute! I just love it. This blog bash was a great idea! Honored to participate in anything that has to do with Burton.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great blog bash! Tim Burton is a truly unique visionary. No one is like him in the movie biz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pumpkin King! forever! I joined the darkside university as well, you and Holly have tempted me with it for awhile now! Love the unique Genius of Tim Burton! And his choice of thespians! Must dash! I'm late for the Bash!!!xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I grew up when Ithink Tim Burton was at his peak, not saying he still not good, just I think his earlier was his best. SO I grew up NightMare Before Christmas, Beetle juice, Bat man returns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I grew up when Ithink Tim Burton was at his peak, not saying he still not good, just I think his earlier was his best. SO I grew up NightMare Before Christmas, Beetle juice, Bat man returns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Señor Jack Skellington looks so wickedly handsome. He is going to make someone's tree very, very, very happy.

    I'm so excited about the new movie. I usually get annoyed when movies change the storyline of a book too much. Unless the change is done by Señor Burton. His vision tends to make things so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. PUMPKIN KING!!!! *I see no purpose in being shy about it lol*
    Thank you for encouraging Holly in this glorious celebration :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute ornament! Thank you again to you and Holly for hosting this - such a fun idea and a great way to for to share my 2016 Halloween party theme, which just happens to be Tim Burton. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing job! Such a perfect Jack! :D
    Pumpkin King!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wayyy hayyy! Happy Burton Blog Bash Day! :D. LOVE this my darling friend, and I love you. Thanks again for commenting my bash postie too. Hope you have a lovely one <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are the Craftin Queen! I love your Pumpkin King! I also love the name of your new Etsy shop! Going to favorite it now ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU two are the bestest, sweetest and loveliest! Love ya both so very much! <3 <3 xoxo

      Delete
  15. Hope that all is well, dear Lady Emma...
    We will post on Burton later... things to be dome for now...
    ...and Hello from Marshville...

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are really getting into the needle felting, Emma! That's so cool, and I bet you're the first ever to have done Jack!! I've personally never tried it - I figure one wool addiction is enough. lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved all the tributes to one of my favorite directors and creators! Now I need to go start celebrating 31 Days of Halloween with some faves.... Shall I start with Sweeny Todd, or Sleepy Hollow...decisions, decisions....
    Hope I win the Jack ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pumpkin King! I love those shenanigans that you guys create this time of year. Can't wait for the fun to begin.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do love your creations, and your new shop name, too ♥

    http://www.melancholyandmenace.co.uk/2016/09/the-burton-blog-bash.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pumpkin King! Pumpkin King! Pumpkin King! LOL! I thought if I said it 3 times, it would be more magical! LOL! Hope you are well Emma! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Can't wait till your Etsy shop opens!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting!