Monday, February 9, 2015

The Vampire's Day Soiree and Other Upcoming Bloggy Affairs

Blood and Crumpets by Austin Hillebrecht
Oh my!  It's February! Where did January disappear to in such a hurry?! Blogland is abuzz with preparations for blog parties, a sure sign that the new year is well underway, but before I get to that, I need to thank some delightful and generous Blogland friends.


First up is Yvonne from Winter Moon blog. Way back during the Yuletide festivities she sent me this gorgeous little ornate mirror. And isn't the card just lovely?!

She also sent me a print of Jessie Larson's cover artwork for The Outsmarting of Criminals by Steven Rigolosi. Yvonne and I are both admirers of Jessie Larson's art and she knew how much I would love it! Thank you so much, Yvonne!


Those of you already acquainted with Yvonne know full well what an utter sweetie she is, but if you haven't had the pleasure of meeting her yet, do pop over to Winter Moon for a visit.


Another Blogland sweetheart is Debi from Easel & Quill. Debi is actually hosting one of the aforementioned blog parties (more on that below), but I also need to thank her for this beautiful art card she organized to have sent to me from Suziqu, an Australian crafter. Thank you, Debi!

I also recently received a lovely package of goodies from the adorable Bec of Gothic Flamingo, but I'll be sharing more of that with you in an upcoming post... once I've had a chance to take some photos.

And now, to the blog parties...

If you've got a blog but have never participated in a blog hop/fest/party/challenge, I encourage you to give it a whirl. They are brilliant as creative prompts and you meet fantastic people mingling at these virtual gatherings. Some of my favourite Blogland buddies were discovered during blog parties.


The Vampire's Day Soiree (February 14) is hosted by Holly of Holly's Horrorland. This will be the fourth year for this annual event and it's bloody good fun! Click on the link to sign-up or to get more information.


The Creative Coupling & Bleeding Hearts Day Challenge is hosted by Debi from Easel & Quill. For this challenge you can post any time up until February 16. Click on the link to sign-up or to get more information.

The Shadow of Oz (April 11) is hosted by Oma Linda from Olde Baggs N Stuffed Shirts. Shadow of Oz is the theme of this year's annual Celebrate 0z blog party. Once again, just click on the link to sign-up or to get more information.

By the way, the artwork for Shadow of Oz is by another wonderful bloggy pal, Shelle Kennedy of Sunshine Shelle.

If you aren't able to sign-up to participate in a blog party, you are still very welcome to come along and just enjoy the posts. Hope to see you there! :)


22 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up about these fun blog party events! I'll have to see if I will be able to participate in some!

    Hope your year is going great so far!!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more the merrier, Betty! I hope you will be able to participate! :)

      I wish the year would slow down! Haha. January went by in the blink of an eye! Hope your year is going great so far too!

      Delete
  2. You are correct my virtual friend, I have met wonderful new hearts during these fantabulous! Hilarious! Super Imaginarium of wonderful spirits! Our Winter Moon is a precious find itsnt she? xoxo. I am pleased you like Suzi's Victorian lace work, this image told me it was YOU!
    I love the button, may I use it ? Forever? It is so symbolic of what I mean! to express.
    Such a splended visit , I love your style xoxoDebi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I met you through a blog party, Debi! I think it might have been the Celebrate Oz party. They really are a wonderful way to connect with kindred spirits. And yes, Yvonne is a precious find! A darling! And so are you! ^_^

      Suzi's card is lovely! Thank you so much for thinking of me! ❤ Don't forget that you have a parcel coming your way too! I'm so far behind with everything because of car and health issues lately, but it should be with you very soon! I took inspiration from some photos you posted last year of your beautiful autumn there in Canada. That's all I'm gonna say though. ;D

      Do you mean the bleeding hearts artwork in my sidebar? It's concept art for the movie 'Coraline'. I'll message you on FB with the link to Chris Turnham's artwork. :)

      Delete
  3. LOVE all the preciouses!!! You have the best art on your blog, girl. Thanks for sharing the info on the hops, not sure I can participate, but will check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww... thank you, Mina! :) I hope you can join, but if not, we'd love you to still come and party!!

      Delete
  4. I'm always stoked to see what people come up with for these! There's a lot of amazing creativity out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too, Rommy! I love seeing all the different, creative ways people interpret the same theme. It's really inspiring actually!

      Delete
  5. Things certainly do seem to be moving along in Blog Land. I'll see you at the Vampire's Day Soiree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to your Vampire's Day Soiree post, Nightwind! :)

      Delete
  6. I am looking forward to the soirees, although I don't know if I will have anything done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so late responding to comments, I already know that you DID attend the soirees, Laura! Haha. Loved your posts!

      Delete
  7. Interesting post, new informations for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't usually do these mostly because of time but I do enjoy reading about them. Thanks for the heads up! I hadn't heard of a couple of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they do take up a lot of time, especially when they happen close together, but the blog fests are fun. I hope you'll get a chance to visit some of the posts, Mark! :)

      Delete
  9. Oh, Emma, you're such a sweetheart, and I adore the mini Cobweb you made for me, so very much! :)

    I don't know whether it's my fever or lack of sleep, but I'm welling up right now, so I should leave.

    I hope you've been having a wonderful week. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww... thank you for all the lovely little gifts you've sent to me. You are so sweet and thoughtful, Yvonne! ❤ xo

      Delete
  10. The pic at the top was fantastic! I hope your week is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the 'Blood and Crumpets' illustration, Lexa. Austin Hillebrecht has become one of my favourite artists.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting!