Tuesday, May 8, 2012

May Monster Madness - Monsters of Supernatural


Sadly, we've come to the seventh and last day of May Monster Madness. I'd like to thank Annie, of Annie Walls blog, for masterminding this blog hop, and my co-minion Ked, of Something WicKED This Way Comes blog, for helping me to spread the word about all the macabre merriment. This event has been eerily entertaining and I appreciate everyone who dropped by to check out my contributions to the fiendish festivities. I also enjoyed getting around to see all the diverse and fascinating monster themed posts put up by my fellow May Monster Madness participants.

So, I've chosen to conclude May Monster Madness with the TV series Supernatural, which is not only one of my absolute favourites, but is also a show so chock full of monster-y goodness that it's practically bursting at the seams. Over its seven season run (It has just been renewed for an eighth season! Yay!), Supernatural has covered virtually every monster one could possibly imagine. The show has featured urban legends, all manner of creepy children, killer clowns, vampires, zombies, ghosts, werewolves, witches, shapeshifters, reapers, wicked fairies, mythological creatures from the ancient world, pagan gods, rogue angels, hellhounds, demons and Lucifer himself. Once in a while, the monsters weren't  even of the supernatural variety, but were simply monstrous people, like murderous backwoods hillbillies who kidnapped and killed for sport, or feral children who lived hidden away in the crawl space of a house, imprisoned by their incestuous grandfather.

So here's just a tiny sample of the monsters of Supernatural:

Demons, Azazel and Lilith, and the Devil, Lucifer

Bloody Mary, Hook Man, Woman in White

Murderous Ghost Child, Zombie Child, Changeling

Killer Clown, Slaughtering Scarecrow, Reaper

Vampire, Werewolf, Wendigo

Djinn (evil genie), Siren, Amazon 
 

8 comments:

  1. I do enjoy me some Supernatural! Really glad it got picked up for an 8th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi WicKED,

      I know 'Supernatural' will have to end eventually, but I'm not ready to let go yet! ;)

      Delete
  2. That siren looks really creepy. I need to start watching the supernatural! What awesome monsters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica,

      The siren was particularly nasty! That picture is of the siren's "true" appearance, but it presented itself as different beautiful women (and men) in order to seduce people into doing truly horrific things. I'm sure you'd enjoy 'Supernatural'. It deals with all sorts of fascinating mythology.

      Delete
  3. Damn, that is one creepy group of monsters and other weird creatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adsila,

      Yes, and this is really only a small selection. 'Supernatural' is about virtually everything that goes bump in the night.

      Delete
  4. Dude! Are our minds tapped into each others?! I was actually thinking about making a post for MMM about the monsters of Supernatural. I decided to go with the Boogeyman instead. Hahaha! That is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny,

      Haha. Great minds, right?!! You and me, when it comes to 'Supernatural', we're hardcore! ;)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting!