Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Blog Awards

I need to thank Holly from Holly's Horrorland blog, and Marilyn from art bliss blog, for kindly bestowing awards on Little Gothic Horrors.

Liebster ("Dearest" in German) Blog Award

The Rules
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link to their blog.
2. Pass the award on to 5 blogs with less than 200 followers.

Thank you my Liebster Holly, of Holly's Horrorland, and here are my picks for the next round of Liebster Blog awards:

1. Annie Walls
2. Pixie's Horror Galore
3. art bliss
4. Horror Shock Lolipop
5. ...It's On Random

iDig Your Blog Award


iDig Your Blog Award Protocol:
1 ) Gratefully accept this award. 
2 ) Link to the person you received it from.
3 ) Post 3 interesting facts about yourself.
4 ) Pass this award around to at least 5 blogs you dig. 
5 ) Notify them.

I gratefully accept this award from the lovely Marilyn of art bliss blog. Thank you and I dig your blog as well.

I have received this award a couple of times before, so I'll try to keep my facts short and sweet because I'm all out of "interesting" by this stage. 

1. I adore cats!

2. I love coffee, wine, Italian food, Chinese food, and a day without chocolate is... well, let's not go there!

3. My aesthetic tastes are a peculiar mix of Victorian Gothic and Mid 20th Century design. I put this down to a childhood spent watching Hammer Horrors, and reruns of Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, and The Addams Family.

Here are my picks for the next round of iDig Your Blog Awards:

1. Anathema Arcana
2. Ghost Stories and Haunted Places
3. Lovely Miss Megs
4. Memoirs Of A Scream Queen
5. Kreepy Girl

15 comments:

  1. Congrats on the awards! They are well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on both awards, you deserve them and I will definitely check out your ten picks...

    Watching Hammer Horrors and The Addams Family is a great way to spend your childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoot, whoot... congrats to the award peoples... well deserved. and who doesn't love holly?

    jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the awards! You have earned them and thank you for thinking of me when passing them on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!! Thanks for passing a long, and I will check out your ten picks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi William,

    Thank you, and I'm sure you will enjoy all the blogs I chose this time around!

    Haha. Yes, I agree! Watching 'Hammer Horrors' and 'The Addams Family' certainly is a great way to spend one's childhood. I've already got my son hooked on 'The Addams Family', so I'm passing on the legacy.

    Hi iZombie,

    Thanks, and yes, we all love Holly!

    Hi Jessica,

    Thank you, and my pleasure!

    Hi Annie,

    Thanks, and you're quite welcome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your rewards! I thought of you the other day because I was watching this show called, "Once Upon A Time". It's a TV series about fairy tales, and the main character is named Emma! I'm not sure if you guys are getting that show in Australia, but you could probably check it out online. It's kind of dark, but I guess the original fairy tales were!

    So, how is your Halloween look coming along? I was watching more inspirational makeup tutorials today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Justine,

    Thank you! I've heard of 'Once Upon A Time'. I saw an interview with the main actress. Did you enjoy the show? Dark fairy tales seem to be the latest thing. Are you going to watch 'Grimm'? Apparently we will get both shows here next year. I managed to see a preview of 'Grimm' online, thanks to Slowdeath77. (He's so sweet!) It looks interesting. You can never tell whether these kinds of shows will get a large enough audience to continue though, unfortunately.

    Ha! I've sent you the pic so you can judge for yourself. Be kind. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to you for pulling not one, but two awards at a time. As has already been pointed out, you're most deserving of the recognition and your blog is indeed something to "dig" into.

    And thank you for sharing my blog! I'm pleased you're enjoying what I have to share there. It looks like I've got a new post to compose!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi King Unicorn,

    Thank you so much! I dig your blog, and your amazing artistic talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Emma, I finally picked the 5 for this award, if you want to check it out. I did a little babble about you also. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Annie,

    I'm heading on over to your blog right now!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting!