Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Welcome to Little Gothic Horrors

I can't remember precisely when my preoccupation with all things paranormal began. I do know that it was triggered, very early on, by shows like The Addams Family, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Ghost Story, and the Hammer Horror movies. As I got older, I developed quite the hankering for horror. I carried out raids on my father's bookshelves and was introduced to Bram Stoker's Dracula, The Exorcist, The Amityville Horror, The Omen, Stephen King, H. P. Lovecraft, anthologies of vampire literature, and the macabre cartoons of Charles Addams. To this day, I remain as hopelessly smitten with the supernatural as ever.

My plan for this blog is to shamelessly indulge this obsession. My hope is that before long, my shadowy corner of the blogosphere will be chock-full of all manner of  supernatural, paranormal, science fiction, horror and/or gothic-y goodness.

Plus, this space gives me the opportunity to post updates on my soon-to-be-officially-opened Etsy shop, while also allowing me to shed a little light on some of the darker, less-perky outer reaches of the Etsy-verse.

Oh yes... and there are bound to be a few gratuitous cat pictures.

4 comments:

  1. For me, it was shows like Unsolved Mysteries, Sightings, and reading the Time Life: Mysteries of the Unknown book series. As a kid I couldn't get enough of the stuff. I kind of checked out of the whole scene for a while, and reengaged with with it about 5 years ago. Started doing my own site explorations with friends, as well as checking out the houses of people who told us they had ghosts in their house. Now me and my friend do our own weekly internet radio show that touches on a lot of paranormal themes.

    I've always come up empty handed when it came to having some time o paranormal or creepy experience of my own. And I definitely got a lot more skeptical about it all the more I fed my hobby...but I still actively seek out all manner of paranormal and/or weird adventures. I'm like you: I just love it!

    I'm definitely interested to see where you go with the blog. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jason,

    Thanks for stopping by and being my first ever comment! This blog is brand new, but I have big plans.

    My Dad, who is actually quite a conservative man, had a ton of books on the paranormal and the occult, and I was always rifling through them as a kid. He was a crown prosecutor (Australian equivalent of a prosecuting attorney) and besides being simply a bit of a horror fan, he had a few strange, occult-type cases during his career that I think peaked his interest on the subject. He (jokingly) holds himself responsible for my obsession.

    Thanks again, and I will definitely be checking out Who Forted? Magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've also always loved the genre and I guess it started with the original Addams Family too. Keep on blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Emm! As I'm sure you can tell by my profile picture, I still adore "The Addams Family" television series. I love your Blogger profile picture, by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting!